Kerry was an awful candidate. I think he would have been better than Bush, but man did he suck.
Youre completely right, they really do need a young face to win over their party... look how Palin electrified the GOP base. If they can find someone sorta like her, theyll be okay.
Kerry was an awful candidate. I think he would have been better than Bush, but man did he suck.
Don't look for Palin to even be near the ticket in 2012 though. It just won't happen.
I don't think Palin will be there either. We may have an Indian running on the Rep side next time. I still think going for someone like Charlie Crist would be a wise choice as well.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
I wouldnt put it past them, a lot of Rep. liked her - but not a lot of others. So if they are still infatuated with her come 4 years from now, she might just get the nod. But I think for the most part, the GOP realize what a bad pick she was as VP and wouldnt make that mistake again.
The only way Palin is on the ticket is if she has to appoint a Senator from Alaska and appoints herself, keeping herself on the national stage.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
True. Thats one thing the Dems have going for them right now, faces who appeal to a lot of people. Look at Obama, look at Warner here in VA. Read in the paper today that 1/3 that voted for Mccain, also voted for Warner. He will be prez someday.
I just don't see it. She only energized the republican base at the beginning, then things went south for her.
Also among independent voters yesterday, it was proven that Palin hurt the GOP ticket. I think also maybe suburbanites? Not sure about that one though.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He will be prez someday. </div></div>
Yup.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I actually watched the election and thats what got me into political science today, I wasnt dead the past 8 years and have seen how much he has [censored] up. </div></div>
I was in the hospital that whole election and i actually watch the whole thing in 2000
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/redskins3.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/6a00d83451ba6469e200e54f0eaffb8833-.gif[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/unc1-1.jpg[/img]
Bookmarks